Pre-Order the Game!

Desura Digital Distribution

Thursday, February 16, 2012

So close!

I've set up spawning of particles, updating of particles (mostly), and part of drawing of particles. Not everything's working correctly yet :( It've been a marathon the past couple of weeks for me getting the whole scripting system set up, so I think I'm going to take a break this weekend. Here's what I have so far:



First bug is the placement issue (the beam should be on right of the leftmost ship, not on left)
Second bug is that the sprite isn't repeating the image, it's stretched instead.

There's no spacing between particle spawning (if you have 10 cannons, it will spawn all 10 at once), nor collision detection, or damaging. No ship effects yet as well. But visible progress!

A lot of code just to make a laser go pew pew... :)

1 comment:

  1. That's one bigass laser beam.

    Still bravo. You've got a script system that supports firing lasers far faster than I managed to get hard coded firing lasers in my own stuff so kudos you're doing fine for pace of game production.

    ReplyDelete