In my last post, I started an Impossible game with 5 players. It didn't end well, I was down to my last two planets, and then this happened.
I didn't even know that was possible. I got the defeat screen which I've never seen before:
Ah well, guess I'll have to try again another time.
As for Beyond Beyaan, I've converted to a new data type that should make things go faster for scripting, so it don't parse strings all the time. The code is done, but I need to update the scripts to reflect the change.
I think I've figured out how to do particles that can live for more than one turn (missiles and torpedoes), as well as firing delay between each mount. Those should be done this week. I wasn't even expecting to have missiles/torpedoes in the release, so it's good news!
I'm also researching into movement of ships. I think ships will need to have their own scripts (dying, movement, etc) to have it all work together. So I think I should have the combat screen done this month. Then next month I'll finish the rest of my to-do list!