This is the best decision that I've made, making virtually everything hardcoded. Now I don't need to worry about how to make a feature support different stuff, which reduces a lot of stress. I've started importing stuff from the old revision that are handy, such as mouse cursors, SpriteManager, etc.
Then I decided to do something new, and finally fulfill one of my promises to the kickstarters. Star names! Their star name submissions are now used when the galaxy is generated. If the names run out, then it generates a random name.
Here's a screenshot - Yes, one of the stars is "Predestination". Be sure to check their 4X game out as well!