Pre-Order the Game!

Desura Digital Distribution

Friday, April 20, 2012

Icons!

I've got the icons up and running. There's still a lot of work to be done, such as updating of information after activating an equipment, or obtaining information from each equipment. Right now, it just grabs the information from the ship itself, but not its equipments. So if you have an armor, it don't add to armor absorption right now. When the icons are fully fleshed out in space combat, ship design, and fleet/ship window in galaxy screen, then I will release 0.5.3. I don't think this should take too long, maybe a week. Here's the screenshot of the icons in action! Note the improved layout for displaying name/empire:
I've noticed that since the game got released on Desura, the number of comments dropped to virtually zero. I'm wondering if it's something that I did? Did I put too much gel in my hair? Does my breath stink?

9 comments:

  1. It's just slightly disappointing that you're are not going to really finish the project. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's news to me. What did I say that implies that I'm not going to really finish the project? Was it from my release plans with alpha/beta?

    I said earlier that even after the game's released, I plan on adding more features to it, such as stacked ships, leaders, etc., and those updates will be free to the customers. I'm not done with this game, not for a long time.

    Right now I'm focused on adding the basic features, and making the game enjoyable. When those are done, it don't mean I'm done with the game, just that it's now a fully playable game complete with the fun factor (AI players included), not a "full game".

    I apologize if I caused any confusion. This is my pet project, I work on it to relax from my work and life, because I actually enjoy working on it. Hope this resolves your concerns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for me, I've just been really busy--hardly any time to work on my own game unfortunately :(. This all looks very cool though. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, thanks :D I was definitely confused. O.o :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not commenting... but still reading !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come to read your blog every day Brent. You did well in giving us a nudge about us not commenting much. See? We are already commenting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a lurker here. When BB got mentioned on the Space Sector blog, I've been a regular visitor. I just never posted any comment, 'cause well this blog is very informative.

    But you want a comment, I am happy to ablige ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of your comments! Glad to know that you all are visiting here, knowing that there's interest in my game helps give me motivation to work on it.

    My artist is working on a new race, he said he'll have a "big update" for me today. Stay tuned for more information about the new race!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I'm a lurker too, but read almost every day.

    Keep up the good work.
    -dayrinni

    ReplyDelete